Store bought mums got nothing on these rare & unique heirloom chrysanthemums.
Coming in Spring 2024!
The mum garden box is ready for local delivery 6-8 weeks after your initial order date. We will notify you by email when your garden box is ready and will arrange a date and time for delivery.
Learn more about our Cut Flower Garden Boxes
The mums selected are acclimated to our San Diego weather for dependable blooms. We grow these mums in easily potted up plants to give your growing season a head start. You will have blooms from August to November.
Each kit includes:
- A "gift for you" card to recipient
- 6 (six) or 12 (twelve) different labeled and potted mums (2.5" pots or larger)
- A Seven Stars Flowers & Farm planting guide
- A curated collection of the most popular mums that may include Alexis, Annie Girl, Apricot Courtier, Coral Charm, Golden Rain, Honeyglow, Judith Baker, Kokka Bunmi, Lynn Johnson, Mocha, Moira, Natalini, Norton Vic, Pat Lawson, Pink Fleece, Primrose Tennis, River City, Savanna Charlton, Seaton's Galaxy, Seaton's J'Adore, Seaton's Ruby, Shirley Primrose, Symphony, or Whiteout (see Chrysanthemums Gallery)
- All are Farmer's Choice and will be labeled with variety name:
- Mums 6 Variety: 6 different varieties, 1 plant of each variety for a total of 6 plants
- Mums 12 Variety: 12 different varieties, 1 plant of each variety for a total of 12 plants
Planting Instructions: Plants should be spaced 1.5-3' apart. Mums should be planted in a well-draining sunny or part shade location with at least 6 hours of sun daily. Mums bloom due to their photoperiodic nature. When the plant senses a change in the length of darkness in late summer, it begins to set buds. Mums should be pinched throughout the growing season. This helps the plant branch out, becoming fuller and offering more blooms. A total of 2-3 pinches per plant is recommended before mid summer (by July 4th). Staking, netting, or corralling is highly recommended to keep mums straight and to prevent stems from breaking.
If your soil is clay-based, add amendments such as steer or chicken manure and compost to help with drainage and add fertility. Growing chrysanthemums are heavy feeders. Consistent applications of quality fertilizers will help your mums grow larger and produce more blooms. Choose a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer for monthly application from early spring through July.
Please read Garden Box Terms & Conditions before purchase
Local delivery only, no shipping.